At SIXPAX we regularly receive conflicting feedback from you all regarding the mackerel meals in your high protein meal plans. All of our macro meals for our macros meal plans offer a range of the best high protein sources including salmon, hake, mackerel, chicken and turkey!
Some of you love the mackerel in the macro meals and others of you request a replacement! Regardless of the protein source conflict, mackerel is full of some health boosting nutrients that are amazing for your body and well-being. Check them out:
- High protein
- Contains calcium
- Contains potassium
- Contains Magnesium
- Contains vitamins E, D, A, K, C & B12
Additionally mackerel has been identified to:
- Prevent heart disease
- Lower the risk of diabetes
- Control blood pressure
- Reduce symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Improve cognitive function
- Be good for the blood
- Help improve mental health, as it contains fish oils (great for brain function)
- Provide the body with electrolytes
So whether you love it or hate it, at least you now know how great mackerel is for you!
Train hard, stay strong!